A Maiden Hundred and what better way to do it........
at Heatherbank Cricket Club at home in front of the OWLS WOW best ending to a story ever. From the infamous mouth of the one and only CD33, this question has always been raised "how may hundreds have you scored? "
To this day Russell de Doncker must have been itching\waiting for the day to respond and say this back: "HOW MANY HUNDRED HAVE YOU SCORED", and no matter what the reply or answer is, be it 10 or a 100 he can come back to banter and now say I have one :)
Saturday the 26-1-2013 Russell scored a 115 runs at home HBA field infront of a home crowd, friends + family. He probably arrived at Heatherbank CC that morning thinking there was no ways they were going to play. From the mouth of Newly appointed Prems captain again, wait again hmmmmm! Russ how many times have you captained the Prems? Bud surely there must be an award there for dedication to the Prems.. But once again this blog.spot make me digress. Now where was I, O yes - the pitch, it was apparently wet - wet wet and miracle worker LIVO worked his magic once again and made that wicket not only playable but dry and that's from the mouth of the prems captain. So from the whole CLUB we must take this time to thank LIVO not only for his untimely work week, weekend in and out but for preparing a dream of a batting wicket this weekend. Not that I would know I didn't even use my bat this weekend huh huh. We thank you LIVO you gave Russell the chance to get his hundred and I am sure he is so so forever and ever greatful.
I don't know the detail of how the match 1st innings went and how the runs were scored but this I do Know: 1) a hundred run partnership with Fluff correct me if I am wrong here guys? 2) and was dropped on 91 (Duncan aka Kunjani Chilli bean must have been bowling? NO), that what makes this game great. When it is your day it is your day. O yes FluFF made 26 not out so Russell therefore must have been the dominating partner..
So from all A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO RUSSELL DE DONCKER ON HIS MAIDEN HUNDRED. I think everyone at the club could were so proud it was not over due but it was even better after Clint had expressed during the week how he would repay him if he scored a hundred this weeken I am just saying that Nuff Said!!
WELL DONE PREMS A GREAT WIN KEEP IT GOING GUYS.
Well done Casta Well Done, we aaaaarrrr verrry verrrry proudt of our athleeit.




No comments:
Post a Comment